Thursday, August 17, 2006

Break Time...NOT!

Ok... this is the first time today that I have planted my butt to anything and, sitting in a car doesn't count! Mark had his shoulder surgery today and it has been non-stop in this house since 6 am! He is doing really well considering what he went through. Here is a picture of the patient.
That tube going down into what looks like a cooler (cuz it is a cooler) is attached to a pad covering his entire shoulder which circulates ice water from the cooler throughout the interior of the pad. It's really neat technology! Hopefully, he'll be ready to mozy on over to the couch tomorrow because he is already going stir crazy in bed! I'll try and post tomorrow to let you know how things are going.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Hey - I didn't know Mark had surgery! I hope he's feeling well & that his pain meds are doing the trick. I also hope you're being a good nurse for him!!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Oh yeah...I'm Nurse Betty... I've got the MSN Messenger on here at work, just in case Mark needs anything. He IM's me and I will call my mom at home and tell her. It's a hoot. He's feeling good today, though. I will be home tomorrow and Sunday, all day, so it'll be a better situation! Hope your neck feels better, ya' old lady!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Liz said...

i have those surfboard pj pants!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar