Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Birthday....

We just got back from Sonora this past weekend, where we celebrated Shayna's Granddad's birthday. We had lots of fun visiting with family. Shayna spent most of her time either swimming in the pool or helping Grandma Lynn pick "Matos" (tomatoes) in the garden. Although it was such a short visit, it was really nice to be with everyone, including Casey the kitty who Shayna chased around the house!
I was reading about the String Theory the other day. Not sure why I read the article, but it somehow made perfect sense to me. OK, check out the illustration to the left... this is the "scientific" string theory which, if you're lucky enough, you can catch sometime on PBS. This is NOT the String Theory which I was thinking of tonight... Lorie's String Theory consists of a string hemmed into a piece of clothing, that you pull and pull and pull and pull until voila, the button falls off or the hem disappears. This is my life. I keep on pulling this string and buttons just keep falling off. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just an observation. When we brought Shayna home from the hospital that one sunny November day in 2004, I pulled my first string. Not one single nurse came home with us for that first night alone...with a newborn.... scary! Mark and I worked as a team and took care of that little tiny baby all night. She slept in her bassinet, only to come out for diaper changes and nursing. Ahhh, my first string and I didn't even realize it! Nursing....If I only I could've known how hard it would be to get Shayna to take a bottle after 7 months of nursing... and then accepting the bottle with breast milk to refusing a bottle of formula... NOW, it's almost time to move on and lose the bottle altogether... do you see where I'm going with this? Probably not, but it all makes perfect sense to me. Then there's rolling over... and "I can't wait til she can sit up on her own." Then..."I can't wait until she can crawl," (not thinking, she'll be ALL over the place...) Then..."I can't wait til she can walk," (not thinking that she'll be all over the place at a taller level)... I had an epiphany today.... I guess that being a parent, one thing leads to another in such a way that everything is intertwined, like a string...hmmmmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar