Thursday, March 29, 2007

1 More Day

One more day of work... that's it! I wouldn' t even call it a whole day, as my co-workers have planned a going away party for me (which BTW starts at 3 pm). So, at 3 pm tomorrow, I am officially a Stay-At-Home Mom! Wow! For 13 years I have been employed as a Geologist. I'm not really sure how to transition from an employed professional to an unemployed professional homemaker. So, I bought a book - Staying Home: From Full-Time Professional to Full-Time Parent
I'm so lame! I can't believe that I felt compelled to buy a book. This should be instinctive... right?! I mean, I am still a woman... I should know how to do this. Where did I lose this information? My mom was really good at it! My grandmothers were really good at... but me... not too sure of myself!


So, I bought a book.....

This is me (standing in the middle with my hand on my hip & the bunny ears, courtesy of Matt Grandjean) in 1992 standing atop the Resting Springs Range in Death Valley with my fellow SSU Geology majors... I will miss geology...



But I will be loving this!!!


3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Erickson 5 said...

Congrats to you. You will never regret it. I LOVED being home and I am still at home 3 days a week!
I hope you had an awesome farewell happy hour. Congrats.
Nicole

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

You'll do AWESOME being home!!

Say, who's that hot babe in the middle of the picture wearing a pink hat?? :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Ansley Bleu said...

Holy Crap! You are going to stay home? That is soooo awesome. I am happy for you and wish you could have done it sooner.
Well, if you want to learn how to knit now, let me know.
ansley

PS, nice vintage photo. Did we all really look that funky?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar