Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sadness...

My good friend, Bill, asked me to come help him with recovering some items lost in the fire. This is his place. No, not the structure to the left, but the burned twisted metal on the ground. This is all that's left. I had no idea... You see pictures... You watch television... but until you walk up and smell, taste, and see, you have no idea. It is horrible. I tried to remind myself that it's just material things and thank goodness Bill and Jan weren't in there when this happened. Guess what, it doesn't make it any easier. It was 23 years ago (which Bill reminded me) I was his first visitor to his new place. Now I'm one of the last. It is nauseating! We helped his neighbor recover some items. I cannot imagine walking away from my house with just a tool box of momentos...

Here are some photos:

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Oh, this is so sad. I'm glad that you were able to help them out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar