Thursday, October 16, 2008

And Then There Were Two...

Last weekend, my parents bought Shayna some goldfish and a small bowl. She aptly named them Marlin, Dory, and Nemo. We haven't even had them one week and one of the fish (I think it's Marlin) died of unknown causes. Shayna was saddened for about 1 minute, until I told her we were going to have a funeral. She asked, "where?" and I told her, "in the bathroom." For some reason, she wasn't sad anymore...














Adios, our short-lived friend... adios....

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

I'll bet there's something wrong with the pH. I had a TERRIBLE time keeping fish alive when I was a kid. Once, my friends gave me two goldfish for my birthday and I put them in the bowl only to see that within a few days, one had died and the other one had lost it's tail. It actually DISINTEGRATED but yet, it was still trying to swim around the bowl.

My mother convinced me that it (Sally) was suffering, so I dumped it in to the toilet, where it swam around the TOILET with streamers of guts? hanging out, and I sobbed while my mother flushed it.

I never did figure it out, but I'll bet the water was too acidic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar