Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Crazy Job...

I'm not one who loves to post pictures of myself, but today's entry is kind of a Peek-a-boo into my job. I had an opportunity to work on a sort of high profile job in Culver City. Actually, I was training a newbie geologist how to log borings - down in the hole. Now to most, this seems a bit dangerous. Yes, it is, but it is also part of my crazy job. I don't know what it is, but I love being in the Geology! The picture on the right is the jobsite - yes it's on slope.




They actually had to hire a crane company to hoist and place the drill rig onto the slope face










They drilled down to a depth of approximately 40 feet...











Then...it was my turn to "downhole log" the hole. The 24" diameter hole! Ahhh, I've been doing this for 12 years now - no biggie!

















Too bad I will never let Shayna go down any of these holes!



7 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

No effin' way!!!

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen these kind of pictures before...don't know if I want my granddaughter's Mother doing this kind of stuff. Any chance you switching careers? like maybe a calm desk job!!
Grandma Lynn

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger lisa said...

Wow. You are so cool!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

sweet! that is so cool. thanks for the comment.look forward to reading your blog.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Lorie: You've got to pop over and visit Jenny's blog from Australia. Remember your comment "Snakes on Planes..."???

http://jenjenqld.blogspot.com/2006/09/snakes-on-planeno-they-are-all-in-my.html

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jenny Quld said...

Lorie, oh my goodness!!!!
That looks a bit scary, have you every got halfway down and changed your mind?
I love exploring caves but that hole looks a bit small.LOL

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger GeologyJoe said...

Are you pulling our legs? That jobs seems like OSHA would FREAK-the-F out if they ever saw that.

At least you had on your hard hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar