Sunday, December 03, 2006

Welcome to December

I just can't believe how fast time goes by... especially when you're having so much fun! It's already December. Unbelievable! I had almost forgoten about sending out holiday cards, until I rec'd a reminder from the Kodak EasyShare site. If I were to wake up tomorrow and someone told me that it was July, I'd believe them - oh yeah, then I would ask them why it's so freaking cold during the summertime...


We headed up north to Grandma and Grandpa Bartee's house for Thanksgiving. One problem... 2 days before we left, Shayna came over to me and said, "Mommy, Shayna poo-poo on the toilet." So, I obliged and we haven't looked back. She tells me every time she has to go pee-pee or poo-poo. It's great! Then I thought about it and it suddenly ocurred to me that it's not so great when we have a 6 hour road trip coming up in 2 days! Well, if you know me, then you should know that I spent the next night on the internet searching for the best "on-the-go" potty. I found one, but I decided to head on over to Babies R' Us instead. I picked one out, after calling Lisa (Camille & Mason's mom - because Camille is potty trained) and she told me which one to buy. Of course they did not have that brand, so I picked out the cheapest one. To make a long story even longer, the drive up to Sonora was great! Shayna told me when she had to go...so we stopped every time... every 45-60 minutes. If she forgot to tell me, I'd remind her... then she would get obsessed with stopping! Oy-Vey!




Arrived safe and sound... The next day Shayna had fun picking tomatoes in the garden with Grammie! Here she is feasting on them - she loves tomatoes!













Here is Shayna and her Grammie making cookies! She loves those too!











Here is Shayna with her Papa stealing some turkey!













Thanksgiving begins the season for holiday season decorating... why is this Jewish girl stringing lights on the tree? I was thinking to myself, "there's gotta be a better way to do this!...and why are these lights tangled?? I need to invent something that will keep them from getting tangled..."

I'll get back to you on that one!



Also, just a quick note... Shayna is almost completely potty trained. The only exception is nap/sleep times. It's great! Have portable potty, will travel! Oh, one more thing... Congrats to my good friend, Jenna (my friend with triplets) - she's pregnant and is due July 4th! Oh yeah, good luck on the potty training, Jenna...OMG!
Check out this article about Jenna!
  • Jenna's Article
  • 1 Comments:

    At 12:46 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

    what a great blog...loved loved loved the pictures...yeah shayna...yahoooo mama

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar