Wednesday, January 06, 2010

37 Weeks and Counting!

All is going well here at the Bartee Household! I am dilated to 1cm and baby's head is resting on the cervix - so he's low and labor should go fast! YAY! Sounds good to me, since my mom had my brother (the 2nd kid) in less than 3 hours! At 37 weeks, I am officially at "full term!" meaning, if I went into labor now, the doctor would not try to stop it. In fact, she told me that if I wanted to be induced at my next appointment, she wouldn't have a problem with that. After some thought, Mark and I decided that Baby Bartee will arrive when he arrives, no sooner, no later!

Shayna is getting really excited about meeting her new brother. She has toys picked out for him and she's even got what she's going to say to him the first time she meets him! I don't think she's going to be too happy when I have to take ALL of her stuffed animals out of baby's bassinet to make room for baby, though!

We'll keep you all posted!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

OH MY GOSH, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!! I have a box of stuff that I need to get in to the mail to you STAT. Or maybe, I'll just drive up and drop it off, myself!! I'm actually supposed to be in Newport Beach on 1/19 - so I'm sure William will be here by then. Right?

I can't wait to meet your newest addition. And I can't believe Charlie didn't tell me that he was on the phone with you tonight. I was giving the kids a bath and heard him talking - but I had NO idea who he was talking to!!

OK. I'm guessing he looks to be about ... 9.5 pounds. That baby is going to be a BIG one. I can tell... (NICE bracelet, BTW!!!)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

You are looking GREAT! The day I went in to have Rhys, I think I was 54" around - he was in a crazy position - but he was also pretty big - 8 pounds 12 ounces!

We have video of Irene meeting Rhys for the first time. It still makes me cry. She sang a sweet little song to him. She was 3 1/2.

Thanks for sending me down memory lane and great good wishes for these last days of being a family of 3.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar