Monday, January 11, 2010

Almost 38 Weeks!

Went to my latest Dr's appointment/checkup this morning with Mark, my official shoelace tier, and even though I had to wait in the exam room clad in nothing waist-down but a paper sheet, she DID give me good news. BP was 108/60, weight gain is steady, and no foreseeable problems! Dr. Moore came in and measured the belly, no problems - right where I should be (38 weeks); listened to fetal heartbeat, and then asked if I wanted to be internally checked to see if I was dilating at all. I said yes. Thankfully, my body is preparing for labor! As of this morning at 37 weeks +5 days pregnant, I am 1.5 centimeters dilated, 50% effaced (thinned out) and the baby is head down. Yay! This picture below is a good illustration of cervical effacement--the first picture it is "thick" and not effaced; in the second picture it is completely thinned out (100% effaced.) You can also 'see' 1 cm of dilation in the second picture. Just as a recap I am 50% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated, so I am halfway thinned out and starting to dilate for baby's head! Nothing is more exciting to me today, except maybe if my water were to break or that contractions become regular and painful!!

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jenny Quld said...

Thinking of you!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger J'House said...

Good luck to u.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar