Monday, February 04, 2008

Holy Crap...I'm 37!

Today's birthday (Feb. 4): Business and pleasure are found in the same activities this year. You're drawn to an ideal social arena in March, where there will be a perfect balance of creative people to inspire you and cynical people to deter you from a bad idea. June brings a windfall when you work your connections. Romance leads to July travel. Virgo and Pisces adore you. Your lucky numbers are 8, 1, 32, 19 and 35.

OMG! Today, I turn 37 years old - I am now older than half of the population of the United States. The day started out great, as Shayna slept in til 6:30! What a treat! We woke up, ate breakfast and headed up to the Valley to pick my mom up for some birthday lunch. My mom decided that it would be fun to go to Benihana. It was a great time, of course, as they sang Happy Birthday to me in Japanese, I think... Thanks, mom, I had a great time! My in-laws made their
annual birthday call this morning, right on schedule! Every year, they call early in the morning and sing, "Happy Birthday to You." It's so cool! As a sidebar, I wanted to let everyone know that in my previous post, Mark's mom (my awesome mother-in-law) made him the "Refrigerator Cake" when he was a youngster. He loved that cake so much, that she made it for him every year on his birthday. I have kept up the tradition, and will probably be making it for Shayna's birthday, as she loves it, too! Thanks Lynn!

Shayna is really progressing on reading and writing! I wrote out her name and had her try to copy it below. Check it out! The letter under my "N" is her "S," and to the left of her "S" is an "H," then an "A," under her "S" is a "Y," to the right of her "Y" is an "N," and all the way to the left is an "A." She'll be reading and writing before she starts Pre-School!

Thanks again for all of your cards and phone calls! It really meant a lot to me! :)



Here are some amazing "37" scientific facts...Enjoy:
  • "Normal" human body temperature is 37 degrees Celsius. (Note).
  • Radio signals from the Galileo spacecraft confirming the launch of a Jupiter atmospheric probe took 37 minutes to reach Earth. (Note).
  • The correct amount of Tasmanian Muttonbirds to harvest is 37% of the chicks present when the season opens in March. (Note).
  • The molecular weight of tubulin-alpha is 37kD. (Note).
  • There are 37 genes in the mitochondrial genome. (Note).
  • Blue light spans 37 nm of the visible wavelength spectrum.
  • The curie, a unit of radiation activity, is 37 billion disintegrations per second.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jenny Quld said...

Happy Birthday!

So it is belated, I just caught up on my Google reader backlog.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Happy Birthday Lorie!!!

Why, it seems like just yesterday I brought a muffin with a candle in it to calculus for you!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar