Saturday, February 21, 2009

Check That One Off of My List!

*UPDATED NEWS* - I FINISHED IN THE TOP 20 FOR MY AGE GROUP! YAY! GO, OLD LADIES!
Well, I can now officially say that I've completed a 10K race! You can see me on the right with a grey shirt, black pants, and sunglasses as I just crossed the Start Line. Mark and Shayna came with me to cheer me on in today's race. There were probably around 1,000 runners participating. I was doing great, up until mile 3, when my feet fell asleep. I managed to walk about a 1/2 mile, then stopped completely and take off both of my shoes. That brought immediate relief to my numb feet!



Here's my very own personal cheerleader screaming, "GO MOMMY GO!" Shayna's the sweetest girl!!!








Here I am finishing the race (even though I told Mark not to take any "behind" pictures...) if you look closely, my shoelace is untied! I'm so happy that I didn't fall!

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger GeologyJoe said...

congrats on the race.
today 10k...tomorrow a marathon.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Seriously? Your feet fell asleep?? Like TOTALLY asleep? Because that's what happens to me, EVERY TIME between two and three miles. I've got a few stretching exercises I can do to help get the feeling back - that doesn't involve removing my shoes - but I always have to slow down from a run to a walk and sometimes stop for a few minutes.

I don't know how much of the marathon I'll actually be "running" but I'll be out there anyway, dammit. AND THEN, I'm pulling together a team for the 3-day breast cancer walk in November. The dates are 11/20-22 in San Diego.

Provided we still LIVE here by then, you in??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar