Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Great Weekend!

This weekend, our college buddies, Jenna & Charlie (and their 4 kids), drove up from San Diego for a visit. Jenna and I were signed up to run the Surf City 5K in Huntington Beach. After an awful night of 2 hours worth of sleep, we woke up at the 5:45 am to head out and drive to Huntington Beach. After a crazy roundabout detour through Huntington Beach, we finally found a parking spot and walked to the 5K staging area, where we stretched and met some cute flag bearer.














We ran with 3,000 other people, which was fun because everyone had a smile on their face, including us!




















We finished the race pretty close together. This was the first time that I've ever run longer than 2 miles without stopping! It was a breakthrough for me. We had a blast and I sure do miss spending time with my former matron of honor, Jenna! Who, BTW, has convinced me to run the San Diego Rock 'n Roll Marathon in May.... what??? am I crazy??? 26.2 miles????
















Here are my results:
5K
Runner Details Race Results Split Times
Bib: 16484
Name: Lorie Bartee
Gender: F
Age: 37
Hometown: Long Beach, CA
Overall: 1276 out of 2508
Women: 687 out of 1621
F 35-39: 102 out of 207
Age/Grade: 44.04% Place: 1230
Finish: 34:16 Pace: 11:02
Tag Time: 34:16
Gun Time: 42:30








1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Thanks again for having us up ... we had a great time!! Your race results are awesome. You had me beat by 2.5 minutes per mile!!

From Mark's b-day picture below > we forgot to have cake last night. I can't believe we forgot to have cake!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar