Friday, February 27, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Woolly Mammoths... OH MY!

On Sunday we decided to head on over to the La Brea Tar Pits. I thought that it would be fun because I used to work there many moons ago. Plus, we have a membership for all of the local museums, that's set to expire next month, so no time like the present to check these places out! Shayna has an old book of mine, which mention everything from dinosaurs to sabretoothed cats. It's one of her favorites and I just love pointing out how all of the dinosaur's tails are dragging on the ground (that's how old this book is) because they never really did drag their tails.


This is where I used to work... behind the glass, sorting and gluing bones back together. Small animals, such as mice, snakes and birds. Yes, I even wore a white lab coat! I'm such a nerd!










Here is Shayna in front of a Woolly Mammoth. It was moving and making woolly mammoth noise, which scared her a bit. She had a great solution, though. If you can't hear 'em... then they're not there!















Here's a cute one of Shayna outside the museum.



We had a wonderful time exploring and checking out the new finds at the tar pits. Even though I am a stay-at-home mom/Geologist, this stuff still fascinates me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar