Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Purim...

Gotta love the Jewish holidays! Practically all of our holidays are based on this: Someone tried to kill us... We won... Let's eat! Purim happens to be my very favorite because it entails eating (and baking) Hamantaschen cookies! I volunteered, once again, at the "J" to help bake cookies for all of the children at the school. I made 2 batches of dough, but I hear the record was 14 batches by Selma! Way to go! I was one of 3 dough rollers. We rolled out so many balls of dough, it was mind boggling. Thank goodness we all brought wine! After all was said and done, we made 1000 cookies!!! I brought home 2 huge zip loc bags full! They were so yummy! Notice how I said, "were!"


Here is Shayna in her Purim garb, that she created, for her school parade.












Here is my good friend, Danielle, with her bag 'o cookies!
















Here is my big girl playing with her buddy, Lucas, on the playground!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar