Saturday, April 04, 2009

Busy... Busy... Busy...

The past week has been a bit hectic for me. I started my new job with the Census Bureau and it has taken me a little while to adjust. I am walking for 4 to 5 hours straight, which in all likelihood, no one is used to. I am having a blast, though. My coworkers are great and the people that I speak to are so friendly. It seems that just about everyone I speak with is interested in the Census... and why not? As per Wikipedia, "The United States Census is a decennial census mandated by the United States Constitution.[1] The population is enumerated every 10 years and the results are used to allocate Congressional seats (congressional apportionment), electoral votes, and government program funding.[2] Some states or local jurisdictions also conduct local censuses."


This morning, Shayna ran in her very first race. A 1K event held in Seal Beach. I ran the 5K event and placed 845 out of over 1900 participants! I also broke my PR by almost a minute! Yay! Needless to say, Shayna was so very excited to receive a "Champions" ribbon at the end of her race!

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

How cool!! I had no idea you were going to work for the Census!!

And Shayna running in her first race?! GO SHAYNA BETH MARIE!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar