Monday, September 28, 2009

Hawaiian Vacation - Part I

We got back last Wednesday night after spending an awesome week in Oahu with the family. Mark's parent's, Art and Lynn, graciously hosted us in gorgeous setting and I am forever in your debt! Thanks again!

We boarded our plane from LAX on the Wed. the 16th. Mark and I have not been to Hawaii since 1997 and I haven't been to Oahu since 1989... so, it's been a while. I've always said this is my favorite place in the world and once
again I was not disappointed. Our flight was perfect. Art and Lynn's plane arrived 15 minutes afterward and we headed to the Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club. What a beautiful resort! All I could think about was selling my belongings and moving here. The grounds of this resort are simply beautiful… Peaceful... Relaxing. This placed was designed perfectly... for kids and adults alike... We had an ocean view and enjoyed the sunset every night.

It was wonderful to wake up every morning and have absolutely nothing planned. The toughest choice deciding... beach or pool... I wish that I had that decision to make every day of my life!

We went to a Luau on one of the nights and Shayna had a blast! Mark and Shayna actually got up on stage and learned how to perform the hula. It was very cute and they both were very good at it! Here's a cute picture that Shayna took of her Grammie and Grandad at the Luau.
















One of our days, we spent in Waikik
i. Shayna was really getting into the boogie boarding thing, so we needed some waves. We spent about 2 hours on the beach and another 2 hours eating lunch and shopping. It was a great day... lots of memories!
















Here is what I'll remember... only because my feet have a crazy tan line from the sand. Hahaha
!





...Stay tuned for Part II of our trip to Hawaii...

2 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Anonymous John Paul said...

Hawaii is one of the best place to have a vacation. You stayed in a beautiful hotel in hawaii, there are also beautiful luxury vacation rentals in Oahu Hawaii.

May i know how old is Shayna? I guess she will really love this vacation blog when she will be teenager, i guess this blog is all about her and her experience around the world.

The photos you posted here are really inviting that any person will sure dream of going to Hawaii too. Hope to see more of your Hawaii vacation photos and hear any words from you.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger GeologyJoe said...

excellent. i may be jumping ahead in your posts, but did you guys walk up to diamond head?
im sure you appreciated the geology of it all. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar