Sunday, September 10, 2006

Patricia Kuras


2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.

On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggers
will join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11.
Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.

We will honor them by remembering their lives,
and not by remembering their murderers.



Todays post is something a little bit different. Today we remember... We remember the victims of 9/11 . Today I am honoring Patricia Kuras. She was killed five years ago while at work as a Facilities Manager at One World Trade Center. She was only 42 years old and from New York, New York. I read about Patricia online and found her to be a kind, gentle person. Someone you could easily be friends with. I read her eulogy, which was delivered by her brother, Thomas Kuras on October 12, 2001. I read this eulogy with tears in my eyes. How could this happen to such a beautiful person? We'll never know... but the one thing I'm sure of is that I will never forget what happened that morning of September 11, 2001
***WE MUST ALL NEVER FORGET!***






















A special thank you to
Kim Monins for taking the time to email me Patricia's quilt block. Please check out their site at: http://www.unitedinmemory.net

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Lorie: this is awesome ... what a beautiful tribute to Patricia. I went to the United in Memory website & found the quilt square for the man I'll be honoring, tomorrow. I plan to post a picture of his square - - so thanks for providing the link.

It was great seeing you guys this weekend. I hope, PRAY, Shayna doesn't get sick. My sincerest apologies in advance if she does. (Remember - Dimetapp DM works great.)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

http://treefortenterprises.com/

Go check out that link above. It's a blog run by two little boys. They have been doing different tributes for Mr. Marino, a victim of 9/11. Their parents are doing an incredible job to turn out such awesome little kids.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mark Base said...

Thanks for introducing us to Patricia with your tribute to her life.

Pop by and meet Ginger; she was a special person as well.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger RC said...

that's very neat, thank you for sharing this post.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar