Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mark!!

Today is my husband's birthday. Here's a picture of his birthday cake, which I made for him. It is known around this house as a "Refrigerator Cake." Mark's mom made him this cake every year for as long as he could remember. Of course, it's his favorite! So, the year after Mark and I got engaged, his mom (my future mother-in-law, whom I love dearly!) gave me her very old (30+ years) recipe card for this cake. I, of course, lost the card, right after making this cake for him the very first time. I just don't know what happened to it... Anyhow, Lynn found the recipe online and fwd'd it to me so that Mark can have his favorite cake every year on his birthday. Check out the kindergarten writing on the cake. A cake decorator, I'm not - but I'll tell you what... that cake is soooooo yummy!!

Mark spent the whole day with our beautiful daughter. What a wonderful birthday gift! She is becoming such a funny little person so fast that it's mind boggling. I practiced with her all morning to say, "Happy Birthday, Daddy." ...and so ALL day she would burst out of nowhere and say to Mark, "Happy Birthday, Daddy!"







Shayna really loves her books. She loves to just sit down and open a book to read to one of her favorite stuffed animals. Today, it was her beloved "Kitty." Check it out in the video below.


I know that a lot of you have emailed me about the Do-Re-Me & You products. Don't forget to click on the link http://drmy.net/lbartee to check out the catalog! There are some very unique and fun products!

5 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Lorie--wonderful cake--looks just like the ones I remember.
I know Mark loved it. Dad and I loved seeing Shayna "reading" to her kitty...so cute.
Love,
M2

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mark! Shayna is a great little reader. How cute is she!!!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet cake! How nice that you are carrying on your husband's family tradition!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet cake! How nice that you are carrying on your husband's family tradition!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Happy Birthday Mark!!

Happy Birthday Lorie!!

I hope that you both had awesome birthdays!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar