Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Day at the Museum

Shayna and I headed north up to Downtown Los Angeles to visit the Natural History Museum on Wednesday. It was a blast! I loved coming here as a kid, so I knew she'd love it, too! Although the Dinosaur exhibit was closed for renovations, they did, however, have a Tyrannosaurus Rex and Triceratops exhibit placed right smack dab in the middle of the museum. Shayna was so happy to see the teeth on the T Rex and the "beak" on the Triceratops, she could hardly contain herself! She tried to jump the over the rope to check them out!


















There is also a Butterfly exhibit just outside of the building. Shayna was in
heaven! Tons of beautiful butterflies fluttering about...
I loved photographing them! I think that I will make greeting cards with my photos! Yippeee!














There was also a HUGE scary looking polar bear! Shayna ran right up to him and grabbed his (or her) leg, to feel the fur. I asked her if she was at all afraid of the polar bear and she replied, "No, Mommy! He's just pretend!" OK... whatever... it scared the heck out of me!

We totally had another great Shayna-Mommy day! I just can't stand the thought of sending her to preschool... I'm going to miss her!!!!






The best part of the museum was in the bathroom stall! A little seat for kids, attached to the back of the stall door, actually folds down so they can sit there while you can go in peace - The kicker - it had a seatbelt, too! HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar