Monday, May 01, 2006

Cossacks, Baby!!!!

Shayna and I headed out last Friday to Cal State Dominguez Hills (CSDH) to check out some NCAA Division II softball. The Toros from CSDH were playing against my beloved SSU softball team. I've always wanted to go to an SSU softball game after moving back down here, but I always managed to find something else (like work) to get in the way....
I found my opportunity and took it. My last free Friday (I now will start working on Friday's too) Shayna and I made the 20 mile drive over to the field and hung out and watched some softball. I made sure that I was wearing my Sonoma State Softball jacket (with my name embroidered on it, LOL) to support my former Cossack team. Well, the mascot is no longer a terrible Cossack - it is now a "Seawolf," whatever that is... who cares...
Shayna and I were sitting in the stands and some SSU fan asked me, "What circa is that SSU softball jacket?" CIRCA? THAT WORD JUST SOUNDS OLD! I told him 1988 and he said, "WOW, that's old! And you still fit into it." WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? I guess that we're not getting any younger - AND, YES I still fit into it, thank God! and... - GO COSSACKS! -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar