Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

"There is no other closeness in human life like the closeness between a mother and her baby." -Susan Cheever

Today was my 3rd Mother's Day, which is kind of weird because Shayna is only 2. LOL! It was a great day being with my daughter (who, BTW, reminded me at 6 am that it was Mother's Day) and my mom. It was a pretty low key day, which included a trip to Costco and a pizza dinner with Mark & Shayna. I wanted to wish my other mom, Lynn, a Happy Mother's Day, too! Love you!







On Saturday, I took Shayna to Cal State Los Angeles for the Sonoma State University championship baseball game. It was great to see the "Seawolves" in action, even though the only recognizable face was Coach Goelz. Shayna was awesome! She loved watching the game with mommy. I think she just loved when I yelled at the umpires for making bad calls against SSU.
BTW, Sonoma beat UC San Diego 15-5. Way to go, Cossacks...I mean Seawolves... whatever! Good luck in the College World Series!















We left the game close to nap time so Shayna fell asleep in the car. One thing I've learned about being a stay-at-home mom is that after a few weeks, your brain turns to mush! I totally forgot to put Shayna in a Pull-Up.... she slept from 1:30 to 4:00... you get the idea... the car seat was soaked! Poor little baby! I took her right into the bathtub, while Mark hosed the car seat down.


After bathtime, the Lindsays came over for some homemade fallafel (I know, Jen & Lisa - I'll get you guys the recipe tomorrow!). They had a blast checking out Shayna's big girl bed!

It was so much fun watching the kiddos dip pita into hummus and eating cucumbers like it was candy!





Another STELLAR weekend for the books!

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

That's great that you are able to spend so much time with Lindsays - it's awesome having little playmates!!

We missed you this week - but it will probably work out better seeing you in June. It was a crazy week for me with work and since we're in the midst of home improvement - our house is a DISASTER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar