Sunday, May 06, 2007

OK... My Bad!

OK... so the whole morning consisted of us trying to get out of the house on time to pick up my brother, Josh, at the Amtrak train station. Shayna was, of course, dilly-dallying, so we told her that we need to leave to pick up Uncle Joshie on the train right now. Little did I know, but the train pulls into the station for about, ohhh... a half a millisecond. One could blink and miss seeing the train altogether. After a great time visiting with my little bro and dropping him off at his hotel, we started to make our way back to the LBZ. Shayna would not stop talking about, "the Train." Where is the train...When are we going to see the Train... the train... the train.... the train.... OMG!

It was then decided for me that I needed to take Shayna to a train... any train! So, for my penance, I had to put her in the stroller and push her in 90 degree heat to the park with the train. We made it there in no time and rode the 1.5 mile $4 ride for exactly 8 minutes. Wow... she was cured... until we saw.... the pony ride.... More penance... when will it end....












So, I took her on the $3 pony ride.... twice! She had a blast riding, "Bucky," and I had a blast watching (& taking photos of her)!
















I guess I would do just about anything for my little angel!











Here is a shot that Mark captured as our little girl (angel) slid down a slide... head first... FYI, she came home with sand in her nose, mouth, & hair....

7 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute and funny...can't wait to visit again, and pay some penance.
Love, Grammie B.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Ansley Bleu said...

Ooh, I wanted to ride the pony too.

Hey girl, send me your e-mail and phone number so we can talk!!

Ansley

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"it was then decided for me" hmmmm. Is not "penance" something one has to to as a measure to correct some wrong doing? Gee, I wish I could get a dose of your "penance"! I really, REAALY pitty you for having to perform such a horrible, aweful PENANCE!!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Dear Anon,
The penance was a figure of speech pertaining to walking in in the 90 degree heat - not taking my baby on the train. BTW, "aweful" is spelled, "awful." Thanks for the comment, though! wink wink**

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

oh yeah... the penance was for telling my child that she was going to see the big train... is that better? :-)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Hey, which park is that?? It looks like Irvine Regional that we went to in September. I'm glad that she liked the pony rides - - Carolyn was the only one in our group that would do it, although, I think it took off trotting before she knew that the other two had bailed out!!

Come see us soon. Not next week, but the week after??

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anonymous is a freak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar