Monday, July 28, 2008

A Gallon 'O Pickles!

So, we were on our camping trip 2 weeks ago and Mark's mom had made a batch of her famous "Lynn's Pickles." Let me tell you... they are a perfect blend of sweet and spicy! Today, while on a shoping adventure at Costco, I called my mother-in-law to ask her if this "other" brand of pickles would do. She said that as long as they were crunchy, kosher dills, buy them. So I spent my $3.99 and bought a gallons worth of pickles. I made my first batch tonight. Here's a picture - I will let you know how they turn out after pacing in front of the frig for the next 4 days while they swim in sugary/spicy goodness!

3 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shayna!
I know we've contacted you in the past about disaster preparedness, and I wanted to let you know about a new campaign we're working on for Box Tops for Education that you might be interested in. Through Box Tops for Education’s online Marketplace program, schools can earn up to $20,000 apiece each year by shopping online at the more than 70 stores that participate – all at no extra cost to the consumer.

If you’re interested in getting involved, we’d love to send you a $50 gift card to redeem at the Box Tops Marketplace, and enhance your first experience shopping via the site.

We hope that you will share your experience & encourage further support for education with your readers through your blog.

Thanks so much, and I hope to hear back from you soon!

- Victoria@rocketxl.com

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

You guys have been busy!! I love all the pictures >> camping >> family reunions >> high school reunions >> pickle making.

Good times!! :)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Rindy R said...

Shayna,
That is LOL! I know your pickles will turn out great - because I have never had a bad batch! I will be checking back to see the finished product. Thanks for shooting me a note! Rindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar