Monday, March 31, 2008

Wiggles, Wiggles, Everywhere!

In January, I received a Wiggly email alert that THE Wiggles were headed to town! After talking it over with Mark, we decided to purchase tickets to the event. Shayna is not the biggest fan of the Wiggles, but she occasionally enjoys watching their show on the Disney Channel. Last night was the night of the concert. We headed over to the Nokia Theater, right across the street from the Staples Center, and parked in our pre-paid parking lot. I highly recommend that if you're offered parking with your tickets, DO IT! it was a breeze and cheaper to pre-pay! The concert began at 5pm and there were toy vendors galore! So, of course, I had to buy Shayna a Wiggly toy. She loved it at the concert, the walk back to the car, and the ride home, but when we got home it was placed on the floor, never to be picked up by her again. We also bought her a Dorothy the Dinosaur bucket hat. After the concert, the souvenir line was a mile long, so I told Mark to ask a gal in line to buy it for him... I'm glad we brought cash. She agreed, and Shayna had her new bucket hat! All in all, it was a wonderful time. Shayna was so happy clapping, dancing, and laughing out loud. Mark and I love to watch her experience new fun things. I have to admit, most of the songs they sing are, extremely catchy. I hear the songs so much that I often find myself replaying the tunes over and over in my head while in the car or the grocery store. If you are a parent and are familiar with The Wiggles, you will agree that some of the songs are flat out hypnotic and mesmerizing. The funny thing is that the songs are often about simple topics that kids can relate to: sleeping, eating, and animals. Simple but effective.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Wow - it's been a while!! I can't believe you guys went to see the Wiggles >> that is SO cool!! And, I can't believe that Shayna is starting school. It really, seriously, makes me sad just how fast they are growing up.

Our kids could, theoretically, start kindergarten NEXT year. Can you believe that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar